Review – Duwop the ambers eyeshadow palette
This is another treasure i acquired during one of Luxola‘s recent promotions. They have good sales, like 25%-30% or even GWPs like their most recent promotion where you get a free Deborah Lippmann nail polish (U.P $33) with every $50 spent. The best part is that they offer free next day doorstep delivery! With such great deals, it’s hard not to be a loyal customer ;p
I haven’t tried any products from Duwop, so since this was on sale, i thought it was a good opportunity to get acquainted with the brand. There are 4 colors in the palette and one cream eyeliner, and it was on sale for S$28 (from S$48). If my review happens to make you feel like you need this in your stash as well… don’t worry…it is STILL ON SALE now!!
Here are my thoughts on this product, as well as pictures and swatches of the colors.
- My first impression is that the casing feels quite luxurious. The palette is housed in a solid and slim metallic amber casing. A mirror and a 2-sided brush applicator is included. For me, packaging is usually an indication of its performance. But i’ve learnt that it really isn’t always the case, and you’d be pleasantly surprised by how well some plainly packaged products can perform.
- I was expecting the colors to be very rich and pigmented, but sadly the swatches disappointed me. The colors do contain quite a fair bit of shimmer in them yes, but the colors seemed to be leaning towards sheer and appeared lackluster in general on my arm.
- I proceeded to apply the colors onto my eyes with my usual eyeshadow brushes. It was smooth and very easy to blend, no fall out too.
- Surprise surprise! The colors were fairly rich and pigmented when applied on my lids. Maybe my brush picked up more color than my fingertip when i was trying to swatch the colors.
- I love using these colors together, as they are all warm and so complementary. After 5 hours, the colors still looked fresh and shimmery.
- Overall, i am quite pleased with its performance and lasting power.
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Check out my FOTD here, where i’ve used the Duwop the ambers eyeshadow palette and the Kate Super Sharp Liner in black (reviewed here). Thanks for reading!
Disclaimer: All opinions expressed on this blog are my own, and have not been influenced by PR companies or advertisers. Products featured/reviewed are purchased with my own money, unless otherwise stated.