Trend Spotting – Don the Maxi Like a Diva!
The maxi dress is huge! Seen on the runway in several Spring/Summer 2011 collections, everyone should have at least one hanging in their closet. Just like every fashion trend, you can choose to pay $1000, $100 or $10. There’s an option for everyone’s budget.
There are several intepretations of the maxi dress. You have the structured look, flowy/romantic look, bohemian look etc. Choose what suits you best. This is another trend petites do not have to shy away from, simply choose a smaller print so it doesnt overwhelm your small stature and match it with a fabulous pair of wedges.
The SATC babes were obviously rocking the maxi dress since a while back…
Here are some of my favourites, hope they inspire you to get down to the shops to hunt one down. Or just sit at home and start clicking away…. it will arrive at your doorstep before you know it! 😀
1) Cheap Monday Hooded Dress from Asos US$53.55
2) ASOS Maxi Dress in Butterfly Print US$138.49
3) ASOS Midi Dress with Contrast Trim US$71.09
4) Reiss Sardinia Panelled Border Maxi Dress from Asos US$175.42
5) Warehouse Leopard One Shoulder Maxi Dress with Belt from Asos US$110.79
6) Taupe Maxi with Mesh Border from MDS Collections S$36.00