Review – My least favourite products
Today i’d like to share some quick thoughts on a couple of products that are simply NOT my favorites. I wouldn’t go as far as to say that they are horrible products, i just feel that they don’t work for me. These are purely my own opinions, and they may or may not apply to you as well.
Pictured below, they include:
1) Maybelline Pure BB Mineral 8-in-1 BB mousse
2) Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals BB Cream
3) Benefit Erase Paste in No.2 Medium
4) Kate Quick Eyeliner in Brown
Maybelline Pure BB Mineral 8-in-1 BB Mousse SPF30
– Too much product is dispensed from the can with a light press of the pump. It’s very hard to control the amount, thus causing a lot of unnecessary wastage.
– You’d think that with it’s supposed lightweight texture, it’d be a product that is easily blended. Wrong! It dries up too fast, so if you’re not blending it into your skin fast enough, you’ll be left with patches of it on your face. It dries to a matte, slightly powdery finish.
– If i’m not wrong, (similar to the Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals BB cream) there is only one shade for all. The color doesn’t look quite as natural as i would like on my face.
– The coverage is pretty light. You can still see the veins on my hand in the picture below. You might need to use concealer if you have significant scars/veins/blemishes on your face.
Rating: 2 out of 5 stars
Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals BB Cream SPF 26
– This is the first BB cream product i have purchased and tried. I hear that BB creams from other brands are typically of a thicker texture. This one is not really thick, and it is quite easy to apply & blend.
– I understand that other BB creams have at least 2 shades to choose from, whereas this only has one. After application, the color looks kinda ashy on me for some reason. It looks super unnatural and if i set it with a foundation powder, by the time it oxidizes i will look much darker than i really am. Big no no for me.
– While i like that it is small & handy for traveling especially (18ml), it is very little product that you are paying for. If you are using this on a regular basis, you’ll have to stock up on few tubes just so you don’t have to run down to the store to get it every time you’re finished with it. Too much trouble.
Rating: 2.5 stars out of 5 stars
Benefit Erase Paste (No. 2 medium)
– First of all, i’d just like to say that this concealer has prevented me from using any form of concealer on my under eye area.
– The texture is thick & creamy, so a little really goes a long way. I’d recommend you start with very little and blend in first before you decide if you need more coverage.
– It has a brightening effect, so apply with a light hand. It will show in pictures i can assure you (NOT in a good way at all!)
– And because of its thick texture, it has a tendency to cake and fill the deep lines that i have on my under eye area.
– This color was recommended to me by the BA tending the Benefit Counter at Raffles City Robinsons. It looks kinda salmon-ish, which is the type of concealer meant to hide dark circles under your eyes (as opposed to using a green colored concealer to hide redness on your skin). But i must say this color is really not my color, i doubt No. 1 would be either.
– Now i use this occasionally to hide a dark spot or to cover the rare blemish on my face. It works fine that way.
Rating: 2.5 out of 5 stars
KATE Quick Eyeliner from Kanebo (BR1/Brown)
– It is easy to use, but is watery.
– The color is very faint when drawn onto my eyelid (see first pic). Unlike my Maybelline felt tip eyeliner in black, the color intensity is just not there.
– The second pic shows the color intensity only after i’ve drawn over the same line 5 times.
– You can see that the color tends to ‘bleed’ beyond the line drawn as well. So it is difficult to achieve a clean smooth line.
– If you intend to dab brown eyeshadow over it and smoke it out then that’s fine i guess
Rating: 3 out of 5 stars