Review – Crabtree & Evelyn Lavender Bath & Shower Gel + Hand & Body Lotion
I love the scent of Lavender, and how it has such a relaxing and calming effect on me. Even when it comes to Crabtree & Evelyn products, i naturally gravitate towards their Lavender range of products, despite their huge range of scents available. I secretly have other favorite scents from this brand, but today’s review will be about Lavender and specifically, the Bath & Shower Gel and Hand & Body Lotion. I’ve been using Crabtree & Evelyn products for quite some time now, and would like to share my experience with you.
Lavender Bath & Shower Gel (250ml)
Product Information (extracted from http://www.crabtree-evelyn.com)
This product contains extracts of lavender, peony, white magnolia and elderflower which helps to condition the skin. Fresh lavender is enhanced with violet, tonka bean, lemon leaf and soft musk.
> Can be used in the bath or shower
> Vegetable base formula gently cleanses
> Free of parabens, phthaletes, propylene glycol, and mineral oil
– It is housed in a lightweight, sturdy, squarish press-cap bottle made of plastic. Firstly, i do not appreciate press-cap bottles in general. Though they are sanitary, it is not the most convenient when you need to get the product for use during a shower especially when your hands are all wet and slippery. Secondly, the squarish shape of the bottle does not exactly give a good grip either. Crabtree & Evelyn should seriously reconsider the packaging for this product that i love and will continue using.
– The product comes in a clear, gel form which smells like absolute heaven.
– It is easy to lather, but does not produce heavy foam as you can see in the image above. Generally, i find shower products that produce lots of foam tend to leave my skin dry with that squeaky-clean feeling. That i do not like at all.
– After rinsing the product off, my skin feels smooth and moisturized. And of course i smell like a garden of Lavender 🙂
– Priced at S$35 in Singapore for the 250ml bottle
Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars
Lavender Hand & Body Lotion (250ml)
Before i proceed with the review of this product, i would just like to inform you that this product is no longer on the Crabtree & Evelyn website. I purchased this on my trip to the U.S, and believe it has since been discontinued. They now have a Lavender Body Lotion with packaging that is similar to the bath & shower gel reviewed above, and it comes with a pump. In any case, this review will give you a good idea of what to expect of the aforementioned body lotion, if you’ve not tried the product before. 🙂
– The hand & body lotion is contained within a lightweight, sturdy, plastic bottle with a pump. The pump makes it so easy to extract the product in a very hygienic fashion. Also if you need more lotion, you don’t have to touch the bottle with your moisturized hands. All you need to do is press the pump.
– Like most lotions, the texture of the product isn’t extremely think/heavy like a cream, and it is easily absorbed into the skin.
– Don’t be fooled by the consistency of this product, it is fairly rich and leaves my hands extremely moisturized with the scent of Lavender lingering on my skin for several hours.
– If you’re looking for something that are specifically for hands that contains a rich formula, you can try the Ultra-Moisturizing Hand Therapy. This is something i usually keep for use in the office where you’re constantly in an air-conditioned environment, and it helps me keep paper cuts at bay too.
– I’d usually use this lotion on my hands and body after my shower, and before i go to bed. Especially for those of us who sleep in air conditioned rooms, the air tends to be dry. This is great for keeping your skin soft and smooth.
– I checked the ingredients listed on the bottle, and this does contain parabens. The new range of lavender products on the website seem to be paraben-free, which probably explains why this product has been discontinued.
– The new Lavender Body Lotion is priced at S$40 for a 245ml bottle.
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
I hope this was useful to you, thanks for looking! 🙂