Review – Sleek Makeup Blush in Rose Gold + FOTD
I believe most of you would know by now how much i’ve been enjoying my Sleek Makeup Original i-Divine Eyeshadow Palette. So much so that i was dying to try out another Sleek Makeup product. I’ve seen some positive reviews about their blushes and was particularly taken with the Rose Gold, seeing that the swatches of it were very beautiful and indeed something i would like to have as a staple in my growing stash.
I bought it off Shopping District for S$12.50, if you’re wondering where i got it from. It is also available on the Luxola website, at a different price. Anyway, the payment process was simple and straightforward and shipping took about 4 working days.
Here’s what the packaging looks like and a swatch of the blush color. It contains 8g of product, designed and developed in the U.K, produced in Taiwan. A face of the day (FOTD) will follow at the end of this review, showing you how i’ve used this product and what it looks like on me.
– It is really of the nicest shimmery peachy pink blush that i’ve come across.
– Pls excuse my poor swatch above, the picture does not capture the full glory of its color. It is definitely not just a flat peachy tone with gold shimmer in it. In fact, it has got more dimension in there which you just have to see in person to fully appreciate its beauty.
– At first touch, the powder is really smooth and finely-milled
– Highly pigmented, you would want to use a light hand for application on your face. Or rather, i usually like a hint of color on my cheeks for a more natural look. Depending on how you like to wear your blusher, you can definitely add more.
– I picked up a subtle rose scent from the product which is very pleasant. I don’t usually like scents on my lip products, but i don’t mind a subtle one for blushers. (No, i’m not biased! ;p)
– All in all, i think there’s great quality here at an affordable price. I love the color, it applies smoothly and gives me that subtle sheen that’s always welcome :)
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
And here’s the FOTD that i would like to share with you. I’ve used pink and gold eyeshadow to complement the look, and a frosty pink lipstick to complete it. What do you think?
Thanks for looking :)