Review – Maybelline Color Tattoo 24HR Cream Gel Eyeshadows
Hi Everyone! How’s your Sunday so far? I know… I know… it’s back to work for most of us tomorrow. Let’s look forward to the next weekend 🙂
So, after trying out the L’Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows recently, i just had to give these Maybelline Color Tattoo 24HR Cream Gel Eyeshadows a go too. From what i know, they are not available in Singapore at this moment. I got these off the Shopping District website, and received them in the mail just within 3 days here in Singapore. I bought all the colors they had which were still in stock, cos all the shades looked yummy. I paid S$13 for each, and normal shipping is free. Whee!
Here are some product pictures, and swatches to share with you. Enjoy!
From what i can see on the Maybelline website, there are a total of 10 shades in this range, which means i already own half of it! 🙂
Some initial thoughts:
– Unlike the L’Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows, these have a cream gel texture more similar to the MUFE Aqua Cream.
– The texture’s very smooth and glides on like a dream.
– I’m quite sure these are as long-lasting as they claim to be. I ran the swatches on my arm under running water, and boy… did it not budge one bit. I used cleansing oil, and applied some pressure to remove these. My usual practice is to use a facial cleanser after rinsing off the cleansing oil anyway.
– All the shades i got are strong shimmery colors, except for ‘Tough as Taupe’ which is a warm matte shade that’s great for layering with other colors. As you can see, the other 4 colors are vibrant and very pigmented (no primer underneath). Color payoff is excellent.
– It is recommended to use your finger to apply the color as it helps to warm up the product. However, if you need to build up and intensify the color, use a brush cos it will pick up more product. Before it sets, grab a brush and start blending.
Can’t wait to create some FOTDs with these babies!
Here are some looks i found from the Maybelline website that were created with ‘Tenacious Teal’ and ‘Bad to the Bronze’.
Disclaimer: All opinions expressed on this blog are my own, and have not been influenced by PR companies or advertisers. Products features/reviewed are purchased with my own money, unless otherwise stated.