Face of The Day – From work to play
If you’re not a morning person like me, then i’m sure you would be racing against time every day. We all want to look pretty before stepping out of the door each day. Honestly, i’d hate to lose that extra 15 minutes of sleep. But I’ve realized you don’t always have to pay a price for beauty. It’s simple, just stick to a few classic looks that can bring you from work to play in a matter of minutes. Keep the more dramatic looks for a night out on the town or special events.
I do my make-up in 10-15 minutes tops, and i still manage to have my make-up look complete. You don’t need to invest in several costly make-up products to achieve a classic look really. Drugstore make-up brands can be your best friends too. In fact, many of my much-loved products are drugstore brands.
Here is one of my favorite go-to classic looks that is really easy to do. A pink/mauve on the eyes is flattering for most skin tones so whether you’re fair or dark, this should settle in really well.
All you need to achieve this fuss-free look:
1) Complete your base like what you usually do – bb cream/foundation (Lucky gals who have nothing to conceal should totally skip this)
2) Fill in your brows (preferably with an eyeshadow so it looks more natural, and not too harsh on the face)
3) Apply a rose pink / mauve color as a wash over the lids and stop just below the crease
4) Use a matt light brown eyeshadow and blend it right into the crease (To create depth & dimension. You can use this with several other colors)
5) If you have a bronze-y gold shadow, just swipe a tad of color right onto the centre of your lid (Optional)
6) Apply a light shimmery gold color onto the brow bone and blend.
7) Line your upper lash line water line
8) Apply a pink blush to the apples of your cheeks
9) Curl your lashes and apply a coat of mascara
10) Slap on a pop of color onto your lips
And… You’re done! Super easy, you don’t even need to waste time thinking about which color to wear, and what colors go with which.
I hope this was useful for some of you, thanks for reading 🙂