Review – Rouge Bunny Rouge Original Skin Blush Delicata
I may well be one of the few people who had NOT tried the Rouge Bunny Rouge, and i was more than eager to make that change. The Original Skin Blush products from Rouge Bunny Rouge have received numerous rave reviews, but i actually got to know about this brand through fellow blogger friends Jacqueline and Lunaface. So when Luxola was having a sale, i took the plunge! This blush retails for S$51 (3.5g, made in Italy) on the Luxola website.
Product Information: (Taken from the Rouge Bunny Rouge website)
Original Skin Blush blends with a sheer, melting touch for a naturally luminous silky glow. A medley of active ingredients, including Uhaloa from Hawaii, (also known as Velvet-leaf) and modern technologies impart a long term brightening effect. Indian Gooseberry Extract stands guard against free radicals. Sheer pearls amplify the creamy soft touch and ensure a limpid glow. Innovative powders entwine with your skin to preserve perfection all day long. Result is ‘your skin but better’ effect; you’ll wonder how you blushed before.
There are a total of 6 shades – Delicata, Florita, Gracilis, Habenera, Starina and Orpheline.
The floral design embossed on the blush is very dainty, and pretty. Makes one happy just looking at it
However, the black plastic casing leaves much to be desired, especially for the price that we’re paying. S$51 is by no means cheap, so perhaps some improvement in the packaging is something the brand needs to be looking at. Anyhow, i do appreciate the nice mirror within the casing, which is very convenient for mid-day touch-ups.
I chose Delicata because I wanted something different from the usual corals and pinks which i already have in my stash. It did look rather ‘pale’ on screen and I really wasn’t sure if it would show up nicely on my cheeks, but i decided to take a chance anyway.😉
Here’s a picture of a swatch on the back of my hand.
- Texture-wise, it’s fairly smooth and blends well
- Matte, with a touch of shimmer. Very subtle, and i like that.
- RBR describes Delicata as a ‘Nude beige-rose with the barest hint of peach for an illuminated natural glow – Excellent to accentuate your cheekbones creating a 3D-effect depth’. And i completely agree.
- It hardly shows up on my fair skin. No rosy-cheek effect here.
- I wouldn’t quite classify this as a blush, it probably works better as a bronzer for some.
- I like the quality of this blush, but Delicata is as expected – a color that’s not suitable for me.
Disclaimer: All opinions expressed on this blog are my own, and have not been influenced by PR companies or advertisers. Products featured/reviewed are purchased with my own money, unless otherwise stated.