Review – Rouge Bunny Rouge Original Skin Blush Delicata
I may well be one of the few people who had NOT tried the Rouge Bunny Rouge, and i was more than eager to make that change. The Original Skin Blush products from Rouge Bunny Rouge have received numerous rave reviews, but i actually got to know about this brand through fellow blogger friends Jacqueline and Lunaface. So when Luxola was having a sale, i took the plunge! This blush retails for S$51 (3.5g, made in Italy) on the Luxola website.
Product Information: (Taken from the Rouge Bunny Rouge website)
Original Skin Blush blends with a sheer, melting touch for a naturally luminous silky glow. A medley of active ingredients, including Uhaloa from Hawaii, (also known as Velvet-leaf) and modern technologies impart a long term brightening effect. Indian Gooseberry Extract stands guard against free radicals. Sheer pearls amplify the creamy soft touch and ensure a limpid glow. Innovative powders entwine with your skin to preserve perfection all day long. Result is ‘your skin but better’ effect; you’ll wonder how you blushed before.
There are a total of 6 shades – Delicata, Florita, Gracilis, Habenera, Starina and Orpheline.
The floral design embossed on the blush is very dainty, and pretty. Makes one happy just looking at it 🙂
However, the black plastic casing leaves much to be desired, especially for the price that we’re paying. S$51 is by no means cheap, so perhaps some improvement in the packaging is something the brand needs to be looking at. Anyhow, i do appreciate the nice mirror within the casing, which is very convenient for mid-day touch-ups.
I chose Delicata because I wanted something different from the usual corals and pinks which i already have in my stash. It did look rather ‘pale’ on screen and I really wasn’t sure if it would show up nicely on my cheeks, but i decided to take a chance anyway. 😉
Here’s a picture of a swatch on the back of my hand.
- Texture-wise, it’s fairly smooth and blends well
- Matte, with a touch of shimmer. Very subtle, and i like that.
- RBR describes Delicata as a ‘Nude beige-rose with the barest hint of peach for an illuminated natural glow – Excellent to accentuate your cheekbones creating a 3D-effect depth’. And i completely agree.
- It hardly shows up on my fair skin. No rosy-cheek effect here.
- I wouldn’t quite classify this as a blush, it probably works better as a bronzer for some.
- I like the quality of this blush, but Delicata is as expected – a color that’s not suitable for me.
Disclaimer: All opinions expressed on this blog are my own, and have not been influenced by PR companies or advertisers. Products featured/reviewed are purchased with my own money, unless otherwise stated.